Hybrid Cloud Delivered
CHALLENGE: Cloud technology provides many benefits for organizations. However, private and public clouds also present a host of challenges. IT organizations must deliver resources with the speed and flexibility of the cloud. End users are often frustrated by complex provisioning processes, while IT is being asked to deliver business value and detailed reporting that demonstrates costs, and more importantly, savings.
In summary, enterprise IT departments are tasked with providing automation, self-service, speed and reporting, all while ensuring governance is in place
SOLUTION: An enterprise hybrid cloud management platform that provides:
- Self-service interface to IT
- Multi-cloud enablement
- Hybrid cloud automation
- Cost analytics: chargeback
- Instant insights: dashboards, reporting and analytics
- A portal for DevOps and software development
- Cloud-agnostic workload delivery
- Integrated access to legacy systems
- Visibility and transparency
- Governance, security and operational efficiency
Organizations are tasked with ensuring their cloud providers deliver an increased speed of deployment, empowering their developers with self-service and automation, and driving visibility and cost efficiency throughout the enterprise. Achieving these goals requires the ability to manage various clouds with a single cloud management platform.
Why we partnered with CloudBolt
CloudBolt’s hybrid cloud management platform centralizes the management of existing and future cloud solutions into a user-friendly portal that drives self-service, aggregates operational data and reporting, promotes automation, and provides visibility and control.
Multi-Cloud Self-Service and Automation
CloudBolt optimizes the way your organization manages multiple clouds, empowering developers with faster provisioning of workloads and providing administrators with a bird’s-eye view of all resources and access controls from every cloud associated with your organization. CloudBolt takes the guesswork out of who uses cloud services, when those services are used and from where those services were accessed. CloudBolt also allows your IT team to determine how they want to extend access to all data from every cloud network. This self-service model makes it easier for organizations to:
- Internally segregate departmental data
- Monitor privileged access to data
- Provide resource allocation and cost-tracking automation
Deliver Enterprise-Grade Hybrid Cloud
Out of the box, CloudBolt integrates with existing tools – such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, TerraForm, Infoblox and more – to fully automate the provisioning process. CloudBolt also integrates with any platform that exposes an API. As a result, CloudBolt enables automation of complete workflows by allowing users to extend the base CloudBolt framework to orchestrate other tools.
With our unique positioning, we also have enabled CloudBolt to integrate with BMC Helix and BMC TrueSight Automation for Servers.
CloudBolt delivers unparalleled management, automation and visibility within any cloud environment. Multitenancy lets different departments or organizations leverage the same CloudBolt server, while ensuring the privacy, security and separation of data and resources between departments.
Ideal for large organizations with various lines of business that must remain separate, multi-tenancy allows CloudBolt administrators to set up global policies, automation, blueprints and actions specific to each organization or department. This scalable approach lets CloudBolt administrators report globally on usage to all customers across all public clouds and datacenters.
There are nine key features of CloudBolt’s enterprise capabilities that produce the transparency, control and visibility of effective cloud management:
- SELF-SERVICE IT: By exposing CloudBolt’s intuitive interface to multiple departments or teams, users are empowered to order what they need when they need it, without having to open a ticket for IT and wait for that group to fulfill the request.
- HYBRID CLOUD MANAGEMENT: Consolidate public and private cloud environments under one user portal where users can consume, manage and track IT resources regardless of where and how they’re hosted.
- BROWNFIELD AND GREENFIELD MANAGEMENT: Upon connecting to a public cloud or private virtualization infrastructure, CloudBolt synchronizes all discovered resources to its database. After a server has been imported and is under the management of CloudBolt, any modifications, whether made from within CloudBolt or outside of CloudBolt, will be tracked and reported.
- SERVICE LIFECYCLE MANAGEMENT AND ORCHESTRATION: CloudBolt helps you make the unpredictable predictable by giving end users the means to architect solutions using a consistent method. By using automation, deploying IT resources and compliance are facilitated. CloudBolt uses blueprints to support IT in creating repeatable processes for delivering servers and services. All processes for deployment are encapsulated into a blueprint and made available to users via a catalog, enabling them to instantiate their own resources. CloudBolt blueprints make anything-as-a-service (XaaS) deliverable via its catalog. It maintains the governance and controls required to avoid overruns, supports any cloud environment you choose and comes with broad technical support.
- ROLE-BASED ACCESS CONTROL AND GOVERNANCE: Define and enforce fine-grained access by user role across systems, applications and environments. By centralizing cloud management, CloudBolt maintains a detailed access history of both on-premises and cloud-based systems for audit and security purposes. Business units, projects, teams and users can be provided with quotas that control the spend and resource usage. Limits can be placed on CPUs, memory, disk, cost and server count in any combination. Administrators have full access to this information to make informed decisions on capacity planning and resource allocation based on hard data.
- CENTRALIZED MANAGEMENT AND REPORTING: In addition to an intuitive, customizable end-user experience, CloudBolt delivers extensive management capabilities to administrators. They can perform a wide variety of actions on servers without leaving their browser, including accessing out-of-band console and SSH/RDP, executing remote scripts, controlling power, changing resources, managing snapshots and doing other management actions.
- COST TRANSPARENCY: Whether it’s public cloud or the private datacenter, IT resources cost money. Provide end users with the ability to see and understand what they’re spending up front before it’s too late. CloudBolt also provides the ability to set spending limits on individual user groups to ensure spending doesn’t exceed a specified threshold.
- POWER SCHEDULING: This feature enables users to designate a schedule that specifies when the VM is not in use. CloudBolt powers the VMs on and off according to the designated schedule, yielding dramatic cost savings within public cloud environments, especially when applied to VMs that are used only during certain hours (for example, dev and test VMs, which are only needed during daytime hours on weekdays).
- EXTENSIBILITY –INTEGRATION WITH EXISTING TECHNOLOGIES: Plug CloudBolt into anything. Use your existing automation workflows and scripts via CloudBolt’s trigger points to interoperate with even the most complicated business and IT environments.