I am excited to announce a series of updates and news for VVL Systems, it’s customers, and our immediate and extended family, which makes 2019 an extremely promising year.
To start, I take pride in calling our employees and consultant ecosystem as family; I have come to depend and rely on you as a member of my own family, and have met some outstanding people in the course of the past 10 years we’ve been in business. I truly believe that a good success strategy is entrusting your most valuable customers with people you can count on, both in success and failure. It’s often times of most need that you learn who you are, and who you can depend on. For that, Thank You!
2018 was an extremely successful year for us, which positions us extremely well into 2019. In summary, here’s a short list of accomplishments:
- We’ve continued to transform our business from a traditionally operated, office-centric company to an agile operated business, providing our employees and contractors with flexible, work from home schedule, while increasing the focus and execution of services to our customers.
- We do what we preach – we are fully cloud-based, having migrated all our systems to Microsoft Azure/Office 365 and Amazon Web Services. All development, QA, and Production services are now operating in a secure, highly dynamic manner. We leverage BMC Software’s Cloud Cost Control to manage our cloud costs, and TrueSight Cloud Security to ensure every single customer we help migrate to the cloud is secure and optimized.
- We are a people-company at heart – this means, we need to offer our employee base with a manner to interact easily, quickly, and expeditiously with each other, regardless where we are in the world. We’ve embraced a digital communications approach to consulting and use tools such as Slack, Accelo, and other productivity communications tools to facilitate this progressive mode of operation. In addition, we now offer every single of our employees with no out of pocket health care expenses and a significant portion of their premiums are employer-covered, as we believe Healthcare is a right, not a burden.
- We’ve broadened our consulting and contractor relationship, nationally and internationally, to ensure we have access to the smartest brain trust in the industry. This enriches our capability and Time-to-Market, as well as empowers other small businesses who are differentiators in the market. To help jumpstart our cloud focus, we have established a new VP of Cloud Operations role reporting to me and am pleased to announce cloud veteran Jared Dean will fill this strategic role. He will be leading VVL Systems to further our Cloud Consulting portfolio and Operations practice.
- Lowered our costs, added value: we’ve lowered our operating costs 20% year over year, while increasing revenue by 150% – all while achieving amazing customer success and reference-ability. Just look at some of our recent projects and customers. They are fanatic about our team and we are thankful for them.
- We migrated our operations to Accelo, a ServOps Cloud Platform: Our Customer Relationship Management, Sales, Quotation, Project Management, Ticketing, and Invoice Management are now all integrated into one tightly coupled platform. This allows VVL to be extremely agile in answering to our customer needs and provide full transparency in how we deliver services. This approach is transformative to our business, and the results are passed to our clients in the form of higher value, faster time to market, and better visibility to our work.
- We are now an official Microsoft Tier 1 Cloud Solutions Provider (CSP): this means we can be a one-stop shop provider and both resell and provide a breadth of consulting offerings to our customers across the Microsoft Cloud Portfolio (Azure, Office 365, and Dynamics CRM). On behalf of Microsoft, we are also now certified to provide Microsoft funded engagements around Software Assurance Deployment Planning Services (DPS), Azure Everywhere workshops and assessments, Cloud Trusted Partner offerings, and Cloud Investment Funding (CIF) consulting POC engagements. We’ve achieved our Silver Cloud level in the Microsoft Partner Network with competencies in cloud platform and cloud hosting and are working hard to advance to the Gold Cloud partner level and attain additional cloud competencies around IoT and Big Data/Analytics.
- We are also an official BMC Software Solution Provider (SP): this means we are able to deliver, directly to customer, a spectrum of products and services from BMC – Cloud, Security, Professional Services, Training, and Support.
As you can see, in 2019, we are bringing a whole new set of capabilities to the market and I am extremely proud of what VVL can offer to our clients. A whole lot of new possibilities are coming and I will be announcing them as we bring them to the market.
Happy New Year!