Here’s a quick cheat on how to install and get SIA up and running. Using SIA 2.3.1 to work with ECC 6.1 Update Bundle 7.
- Install EMC Solution Enabler. This is needed if you are going to monitor Symmetrix arrays. We used version 7.1.0 for Windows.
- Install SIA
- Install permanent (or trial) license
- Perform any renaming of SIA domain name to suit the customer preference.
- Configure the Service Assurance Manager (SAM) domain group to subscribe to the Analysis and Topology SIA domains.
- Copy the ECC JAR file from ECC server under <ECC_INSTALL_DIR>\ECC\ECCAPIServer\ecc_inf\exec\eccapiclient.jar into the SIA Installation folder <SIA_INSTALL_DIR>\SI\smarts\classes\eccapiclient184.108.40.206.jar
- Modify the <SIA_INSTALL_DIR>\SI\smarts\classes\ECCSecurityConfig.properties file to enable/disable SSL communication with ECC. Most likely, this will need to be disabled:
- Line “RMI.SSL.Enabled = TRUE or FALSE”
- Line “LogOn.SSLEnabled = TRUE or FALSE”
- Change <SIA_INSTALL_DIR>\SI\conf\sia\topo-server-name.conf to reflect the domain name of the SIA TOPOLOGY domain.
- Restart the SIA Domains (both ANALYSIS and TOPOLOGY).
- Attach to the SIA TOPOLOGY domain via Domain Manager Admin Console, go to Polling/Thresholds, and add ECC target and credentials for connecting to ECC. Must be a valid Admin-privileged user in ECC.
- Via the same GUI, add ECC server as a source for ControlCenter.
- Via the same GUI, add IP AMPM domain as a source for AM.
This should be about it! Any suggestions, please let us know.