This is a handy command to ensure that your cloned-from-template Virtual Guests always gets Network Interfaces (NICs) starting with index of 1.
- Open command prompt as administrator and type: netsh int ipv4 reset
- Then type: set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
- Open up Device Manager by typing: start devmgmt.msc
- Click View->Show Hidden Devices
- Uninstall any Ethernet Adapter listed under the “Network Adapters” folder.
- Shutdown or Reboot your VM. Whenever a new network connection appears, it should now start with index #1, and so on.